Note: I need to measure quantities next time I make this. I think it might also be nice to try brining the potatoes before cooking, to get them salty throughout.
- 2-3 medium size potatoes
- mustard oil
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- amchoor powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- cilantro, chopped
- Wash and scrub potatoes, them cut them into bite-size chunks.
- Heat mustard oil
- Add nigella seeds, then the red chili pepper, fry for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and add turmeric.
- Add potatoes, add salt, stir to evenly coat.
- Cover and cook on medium low for 20-30min or until the potato is cooked through.
- Remove lid, add amchoor and coriander powder and increase heat to medium high.
- Fry until potatoes skin is crunchy. Stir often, as parts of the masala will start sticking to the bottom.
- Add chopped cilantro at the end.