Based on the recipe from King Arthur
- 227 g mature sourdough starter
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ to ½ tsp salt
- ⅜ tsp baking soda
- Stir sugar, salt, and baking soda into starter. It should rise, and bubble, becoming billowy
- Heat griddle on medium low, lightly grease with oil, if non-stick add some butter.
- Lightly grease 4 english muffin rings (or jar lids with their tops removed)
- Place rings on griddle, and pour ¼ cup of batter into each.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until tops are set and full of holes.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes, until golden on the bottom.
You can eat them warm, or let them cool so they set a bit, and then toast them.