- 245 g yogurt
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- Combine yogurt, salt, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to incorporate.
- Line a strainer with a several layers of cheesecloth and set over another bowl.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into the strainer and fold layers of cheesecloth over the yogurt to cover completely.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 12-24 hours. The longer you wait, the thicker the labneh.
- Remove labneh from the fridge, unfold cloth, and transfer labneh to a bowl or jar.
- Drizzle oil and sprinkle za’atar.