- Melt butter in a pan on low heat.
- Once melted, reduce heat until butter is bubbling every so slightly
- After 10-15 minutes, you should see a coating start to form on the top, you don’t need to skim this off
- Monitor every few minutes, you’ll know its ready when the coating starts to darken
- Turn off heat, and let it cool until its easy to handle, 10-15 minutes
- Strain into jar, the liquid should be a rich amber color. Increase cooking time next time if its too light.
- Ghee should set and lighten into a light yellow overnight